Author Topic: Passwordspark - Digispark Pwd Generator  (Read 20692 times)

Daleeburg

Passwordspark - Digispark Pwd Generator
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »
You may also want to look into a Geiger Counter as a random input

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11345

:)

I know, not exactly cost efficient

Bluebie

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 05:06:37 pm »
I just wanted to clarify something @bart said months back - the boot code doesn\'t limit what sort of things you can do over USB at all. When the boot code is done talking to the computer, it simulates a full disconnect, as if the digispark was unplugged from the usb port. It then launches your program and that program can optionally use USB libraries to start talking to the computer again as if it were a freshly plugged in device. The kinds of things you can do are only limited by the digispark being only capable of low speed usb communication. This means HID based projects like mice and keyboards are straight forward. Creating serial ports, webcams, sound inputs and outputs, and other higher bandwidth things is not possible, however some computers will tolerate low speed devices offering those modes anyway, as demonstrated by several V-USB powered serial port emulation projects. You can see this in action by uploading the cdc232.hex firmware from the http://littlewire.cc/ project which turns your digispark in to a driverless USB TTL serial adaptor.

Dennis

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 06:05:44 am »
Project update:
Sorry for my delayed update! But there\'s some progress I want to share with you! I\'m working on an Implementation of SHA-3 (Keccak) on one of my ┬ÁControllers. Once I received my Digisparks I\'m going to port my code to them. I think SHA-3 is a great mixing function.

Coterabeth

Re: Passwordspark - Digispark Pwd Generator
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 04:03:13 pm »
Would a photo cell be a decent cheap source of randomization?

Bluebie

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 06:24:38 pm »
You can generate hardware random numbers on the digispark through the watchdog timer using this technique: https://gist.github.com/endolith/2568571

Digispark has all the needed hardware - It just might take a little tweaking to get it working well on the digispark - some registers maybe a little different. Let me know if you need any help adjusting it.

One adjustment which should be made is to change ISR(WDT_vect) to ISR(WDT_vect, ISR_NOBLOCK) - this change will let you use DigiKeyboard, DigiUSB, or other digispark usb libraries without having the watchdog timer stomp all over the USB driver and break the connection.

iocon

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 11:18:35 am »
I am looking at this same sort of project.

Currently I have not been able to get the keyboard feature to work on boot. The provided library specifically says it does not include these features.

I revised the descriptor with a known working one and implemented the changes for handling keyboard LEDs and (usbFunctionWrite).
changes in usbdrv.h, usbconfig.h were necessary.

I'm stuck getting the DigiKeyboard class to work after making those changes though. I modified usbFunctionSetup to handle the extra types based on the same working code, and everything builds and runs (I have an LED indicator to be sure it's running that stops right before it sends the keys) but it won't send keypresses.

Has anyone made a library with boot support? Any Ideas?

defragster

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 04:35:07 am »
@mgrennan - anyone still looking at this bit of randomness and make progress with the SparkFun chip or oher method?