Author Topic: noob needing a little assistance  (Read 3661 times)

vulcan2000

noob needing a little assistance
« on: September 05, 2013, 02:54:50 pm »
hello all.
this will be my first post.
recently i decided my job in computers wasn't making me happy soooo ive decided to start building stuff that im passionate about. and as such a lot of research on how to accomplish what i want to do with out costing thousands.< insert ardinuo  research here.> im a NOOB like as in ive never even touched one but i know what i want and what the 3d printer needs ect...ive already purchased a digix and waiting on it(after doing tons of research looking for the best the kickstarted came up for digix what do you know the best... os that's where i am at). that will be the heart and soul of my printer among other things. im doing this all one pice at a time.
 here is my issue i KNOW pretty much any ardunio will control at least one stepper motor with the right shield and or connection to the correct pins and then setting up the program. my issue is im making a small turntable for my laser scanner i just built and i need to make it step instead of constant 1.5rpm. the digispark is more than cheep enough and small enough to just put in the little table with a stepper motor and controller the small stepper has 5 wires and the controller has 4 pins but they are just labeled in1-in4  not only do i not know what gets connected to what but then its a matter of control via software. i realize that over all, this is a HUGE project for a noob but i got to do what i got to do. and never do anything small....lol.  the question is. is there a place when i can read some tutorials on the programing side? and maybe one about connecting pins and what they all do. ive seen finished projects. new ideas. different modules and what all the can do and really some amazing stuff... obviously  in the pic for the digix and the digispark pins are labeled. so that part is taken care of.  id really like to learn what they all do.. and then how to control them... like i said im a noob but i know this will all work if i can figure out what im doing.   
ps if this is the worng place  feel free to move it.

vulcan2000

Re: noob needing a little assistance
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 01:59:07 pm »
thank you that does indeed help.
i cant wait to get my stuff set up and jump right in. i have 4 projects in mind 2 related to each other one to be run with a digispark and the other my digix. from the other info ive read it should be way more powerful enough to do both the printer and my other project at the same time.  i know what they can do and i see all these cool projects. and know what can be done and know a LOT more can be done. now i just need to catch up.  the printer is no big deal. the other stuff  that's what i want to learn all this for. sure i can make a computer do it but why? :)

defragster

Re: noob needing a little assistance
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 03:21:36 am »
Glad it helped.
Another link I found open but didn't include: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SecretsOfArduinoPWM