Author Topic: "Exclusive Offer for Double Backers" speculation  (Read 9872 times)

chickenturd

"Exclusive Offer for Double Backers" speculation
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:49:12 am »
What do you think the special add on item will be?

My hope is that it is a Mesh networking shield for the digispark. This makes sense to me because any double backer will have both a 'spark and an 'X.... a mesh shield will allow for communication between the two.

Also, because I am building a mesh network with many "client" nodes, I would enjoy this very much. The DigiX will be the "master" node being more powerful and having wifi. The client nodes do not require much so a spark + mesh radio would be a cheaper way to add many nodes to the network as opposed to buying many digiXs for the project.

Mark

Re: "Exclusive Offer for Double Backers" speculation
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:33:57 pm »
Not sure, however I'm glad the last 6hrs resulted in a good gain and got it over the 100k.

Mark

mspohr

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 08:47:52 am »
I was wondering how we would indicate that we are "double backers".
I just received my order link and it just lists the DigiX with no mention of my prior support for the Digistump.
Is this something that they will just figure out automatically or do we need to "order" it.

.Mark

chickenturd

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 09:31:13 am »
mspohr, perhaps based on the kickstarter account is the most accurate method, but I really have no idea how they will do it.

I am really glad Eric added a way to buy more through the order status link, though, I bought a second digiX.

Mark

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 03:49:57 pm »
I also purchased a 2nd DigiX and Level Shifter.

I now have to make sure and clear some of the other projects before it arrives, so that it doesn't sit in the corner waiting its turn.

Mark

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 11:29:44 am »
Once the DigiX is in full production I'll send out the emails with the double backer coupon code and announce what it is - we'll figure out who gets one based on email matching, address matching, and Kickstarter user matching - and anyone who that doesn't work for will be able to email us about it.

chickenturd

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 03:35:16 pm »
I'm excited!! Thanks!

Can't wait to play with Mesh networking. Is there a good library yet?

dougal

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 10:07:46 am »
I can't believe nobody else has posted about the "sneak peak" photo of the special board posted on Kickstarter earlier. It seems we're getting a board packed with a ton of sensors! What I can identify:
  • IR xmit
  • IR rcv
  • Temperature sensor
  • Rotary encoder
  • RGB LED
  • 2 I2C headers? (and a notation about "I2C Level Shifter")
  • Terminal block for ??
  • Gyro sensor (shown as a board plugged into an 8-pin header, so not sure if included, or just there for testing? Also not sure if just gyro, or also accelerometer)
Anybody glean anything more specific, or did I mis-interpret anything?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:18:55 am by dougal »

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 10:29:34 am »
Just to be clear the sneak peek was for the board included with Beta orders (the Beta Bonus) not the board we are making for double backers - we'd go bankrupt if we gave that to all double backers!

MPU-6050 gyro/accelerometer is included - it is a "MEMS 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer on the same silicon die together with an onboard Digital Motion Processor™ (DMP™) capable of processing complex 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms"

dougal

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 01:42:29 pm »
Oh sorry, I guess I should have made that clear. I guess I didn't think about the beta  exclusive being separate from the double-backer exclusive. Didn't intend to cause any confusion!

Oh, and awesome about the inclusion of the accel/gyro! I bought a couple of those back in May, and also a couple of analog 3-axis accelerometers. But it never hurts to have more.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:13:00 pm by dougal »

vulcan2000

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 01:32:32 pm »
 i was wondering if the special beta shield would be eventual offered for sale to those of us who missed out on the kickstarter program? i totally missed out on that but made sure to get an order in anyway.
that would be an amazing shield to have.
let us know

defragster

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 03:17:44 am »
I'd be interested in knowing of any opportunities to participate/support the project and my interests.  I was late to find the kickstart program - but did then sign up for two DigiX boards and a shift shield if I recall.

I saw the note (chickenT 6/8) about a radio system for the Spark or similar family - that is where some of my interest is - I want to make remote sensor/reporter nodes that can be expected to run on batteries and tell me about stuff they see.  I got X10 years back that runs on 2 AA's for months reporting by name&number when they saw motion.  A field of simple sensors reporting to one or more DigiX base units could be useful.  [ maybe the radio aware Spark[Pro][2] is elsewhere in the Forum - or should be a new topic - please advise ]
I live in acres of woods and would like ways to let folks driving 500+ft up my driveways know "I'm anxious to welcome them" - even if not in person.  And no I'm not looking to turn space invaders into Petunias or Whales.

chickenturd

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 08:21:34 am »
Hey defregster. Sounds like a neat project. For 500+ feet, you may need 3 or more modules to reach that far. It looks like they just added the nRF24L01+ wireless module to the store for an incredibly cheap $4.00. I'm going to order a few for my digisparks. If I can get them working, then I'd have a mesh node or wireless repeater to extend my range for a mere $30 or so. (DigiSpark + wireless module + battery + outdoor case).... Hmm.

Erik: Have you had success driving a nRF24L01+ on a DigiSpark?

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 11:51:55 am »
@defragster - I too have some acreage of woods - the nRF modules work great in open air at about 300ft, woods it is more like 100-150ft - for that distance I'd look at the power version of the nRF modules (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4G-NRF24L01-PA-LNA-V5-0-16-32mm-Wireless-Module-without-Antenna-/121118816046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c333e772e) which are still very affordable.

As far as the Digispark - there are some thread on here about getting them to work with it - but personally my work has been on the Pro - which is more or less conceived to be a Digispark with enough pins for an nRF and shields

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 11:53:15 am »
@vulcan2000 - it is exclusive so it won't be offered anywhere else - we have some extras (about 10) but haven't yet decided what to do with them because we don't want to break our exclusive promise - but we also don't want to sit on kits that cost us so much