Author Topic: Issue programming Digispark  (Read 136 times)

sebi

Issue programming Digispark
« on: January 07, 2020, 07:50:24 am »
Dear community,
I used to be able to program my Digisparks, but currently I don't have them anymore to try reprogramming them as they are used in projects I gave away.
In the meantime I got 2 new ones but I am unable to program them using the Arduino IDE as before.
I re-followed some tutorials on the internet to make sure the driver was still installed successfully on my Windows 10 computer.
When I click on upload in the Arduino IDE I get:
Running Digispark Uploader...
Plug in device now... (will timeout in 60 seconds)
And it is written Done uploading in the status bar.
But nothing gets uploaded.
I tried to run C:\Users\sebi\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\digistump\tools\micronucleus\2.0a4/launcher -cdigispark --timeout 60 -Uflash:w:C:\Users\sebi\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_606253/DigiSpark_test.ino.hex:i directly in the command line and after a second or 2 I got the next command prompt, the Digispark being plugged in or not.
In doubt, I reflashed the bootlaoder Micronucleus v2.0a4 on a Digispark using an Arduino Uno but it didn't help.
Do you have any clue what my issue could be? Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 08:09:33 am by sebi »

granzeier

Re: Issue programming Digispark
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 06:04:32 pm »
Try using a hub - powered is supposed to be preferable, but I have had success with a non-powered one.

sebi

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 03:34:17 am »
I tried but it didn't help.
What is weird is that when I run launcher -cdigispark --timeout 60 -Uflash:w:C:\test.ino.hex:i directly in the command line (which is what the Arduino IDE does), the command exits after a second or 2 without any error message, the Digispark being plugged in or not.
It is like this command doesn't work anymore.
Is there a verbose option that would give me more hints?

sebi

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 10:19:13 am »
Some more description about my issue:
When clicking on Upload in the Arduino IDE, after my code is done being compiled, I get this

...switching from Uploading... to Done uploading. after a second or two, the Digispark being plugged (at the right time) or not.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:35:13 pm by sebi »

granzeier

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 03:31:23 am »
Yes, I have gotten that many times, but the fix for it has been using a cheap unpowered hub (after seeing a post from Digistump about using a hub.)
You are leaving the Digispark unplugged until the message about plugging it in, right?

sebi

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 07:37:35 am »
Yes indeed I am leaving the Digispark unplugged until the message about plugging it in appears.
I used a USB2 Kensington powered hub.
- Did you also get the message "Done uploading" after a second or two, even when nothing was uploaded?
- I don't get any error message even after the 60 seconds. Was it the same for you?

granzeier

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 02:54:18 am »
...- Did you also get the message "Done uploading" after a second or two, even when nothing was uploaded?
- I don't get any error message even after the 60 seconds. Was it the same for you?
It has been a while, but I'm pretty sure that it just waited for quite a while (I'd guess about one minute, but I usually just unplugged the Digispark and started over) and then timed out.

sebi

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 04:40:42 am »
It has been a while, but I'm pretty sure that it just waited for quite a while (I'd guess about one minute, but I usually just unplugged the Digispark and started over) and then timed out.
In my case it doesn't time out after 60 seconds...