Author Topic: "Unknown Device"  (Read 7369 times)

Citrusl

"Unknown Device"
« on: November 03, 2019, 01:15:08 pm »
I have four Digispark USB devices that cant be recognized ("unknown Device").
My PC has Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

What i have done?

I tryed runing "DPinst64.exe" seemingly without problems, also using "Install Drivers.exe" option, running "Post install.bat", etc.
Even when i choose the folder "Digistump Drivers" to update the .inf driver, a message appears telling "Driver was already installed for this device" (showing Unkonwn Device with any information)

I saw the videos on Youtube with any success.

Please help if a solution was released for this matter.

Citrusl

Re: "Unknown Device"
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 05:27:33 am »
Day two:

Tryed to test some Drivers applications:

-Driver Easy Setup: (Waste of time).
 -Zadig-2.4: (Some ghost installation, doesnt work).
 -Using manually setup lib-32 (Same as Zadig).

Another manual actions:

-I tried to reinstall everything.
 -Turn power USB OFF on Windows power options.
 -Tryed all the USB ports.
 -Tryed disconecting all the other devices. First to plug in Digispark.
 -Tryed in another PC with Windows 10 where this time Digispark was connected and disconnected in a loop as an unknown device.

Im searching for more ideas...
If i found something i will share it here, just for all the people like me who purchased this product with all the illusion of creating new programmable projects.

brawcore

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 02:37:41 pm »
same here.
it was working so fine, now is just the 'unknow device'

Citrusl

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 08:03:45 am »
14/11/2019 nothing yet.

spider

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 09:24:44 pm »
I have the same problem. When this device is connected to USB I too get the "open" and "close" sound constantly.
I have spent two weeks and countless hours trying different ways to load the drivers. No help. I have gone to just about everyone for help and none so far. Someone out there must know the fix, I hope. I am using Win10-64.

granzeier

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 03:27:31 am »
I have the same problem. When this device is connected to USB I too get the "open" and "close" sound constantly.
This part gives me some hope: it seems like you may be having an issue with your Digispark connection to the computer.
Recently, I was going through some old posts, looking for an answer to another issue. It seems that some times the USB does not connect very well. From your description, this may be the issue here.
Digistump suggests trying using a hub (I tried a cheapie hub given at a trade show, which worked for my issue.) I also remember back in the beginning of USB, some people had troubles with just using the PCB traces as fingers in the USB connection (like the Digispark has.) They did not make good connections to the USB socket. First, try using a hub, if that does not work, try using a pencil eraser to buff the exposed PCB traces on the Digispark USB connector to clean off the oxidation. Finally, if that also does not work, try to add a thick layer of solder (1/4 mm or so) to the traces, to thicken the connection a bit. Be careful to not use too much heat, or you may lift the traces off the board. Also, you need to scrub the rosin off with a stiff bristle brush (like a tooth brush) and plenty of alcohol.
Try that, and let us know what happens.

Citrusl

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 01:32:31 pm »
2020 and here.
Its been a long time, and we must start to work on Windows 10. (but i still have 7 for my fun).

Just to let you know that im using Arduino Teensy USB (Another Option to Digispark) and if the books doesnt lie here it says that the problem to Digispark could be the default driver-itself (or
 his version).
Im not an expert BUT...
The legend tells that Microsoft have an autorun driver detection and here is where all the magic starts.
have you seen that when you plug a keyboard or a mouse this devices are detected automatically? YES, thats what im saying.
So... passing the pencil rubber on the connector will not fix the problem. This require a new driver installation.

Then...
First, there must be a way to erase the default driver for Digispark. (We should search for just at least one device when this is recognized and start working).

What about the new driver?
I would really appreciate if Digispark works on this and share a solution, open source, or something new. In the meanwhile i will try to do it by my self to see what i can do.

It will take some time but i will let you know if i have success.

granzeier

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 02:48:36 am »
Don't forget to try the hub, that has had the greatest success rate for me.

Also, I do not have any Windows 10 systems, and so I will not be able to test anything regarding the drivers. If you want something tested with Linux Mint (19.2,) and a Tiny85-based Digispark clone, let me know.