Author Topic: USB DigiSpark not being recognized  (Read 71 times)

anthony.carvalho001

USB DigiSpark not being recognized
« on: December 03, 2018, 12:51:03 pm »
I was uploading a project to my digispark ATTINY84, It uploaded fine. But whenever I upload something to it, it completes the upload and starts doing what I programmed the digi to do, so in order to not getting the project running, I just unplugged my digispark after finish uploading preventing my project to be runing. But I think I screwed something doing that and now, when I plug my device, I get this error:

Someone knows how to fix this? And also, how can I prevent my script to be running the time the upload is completed?

Any help will be a lot, I don't want to buy another device :(

granzeier

Re: USB DigiSpark not being recognized
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:54:38 pm »
...Someone knows how to fix this?
Sorry, I have not seen that and do not have a Windows machine to test it. Have you tried another computer? That will tell you if the trouble is with the Digispark, or with the computer.
And also, how can I prevent my script to be running the time the upload is completed?
You can't - the process of uploading the sketch (script) is completed by resetting the microcontroller. The reset will cause the ATtiny85 to launch the bootloader which waits for five seconds and, if there is no sketch waiting to upload, will continue on with running the sketch currently in it's program memory. This is by design, and is the basic operation of all Arduinos. The only way to prevent it is to immediately (well, within the five second wait time) remove power and not apply power again until you are ready for it to run your sketch.

While you cannot prevent the sketch from running, you could attach a pushbutton switch and have your sketch start out by waiting for the button to be pressed, and then running the rest of the sketch. That might do what you want.

newbee20

Re: USB DigiSpark not being recognized
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 09:13:45 pm »
Please download Digispark Bootloader drivers. By selecting your Concerned OS version either 32 bit or 64 bit. Then restart your system.

If you feel that you have already installed the driver. You Should see libusb32>digisparkbootloader folder in your Control Panel - Device Manager. When you connect the device.

If you find the device name in your Device Manager, unplug it, select an example from arduino, compile, Execute.
Now connect the device when prompted.
It should work