Author Topic: Iteaduino Tiny - Use of PB5 and SDA/SCL  (Read 2723 times)

elovalvo

Iteaduino Tiny - Use of PB5 and SDA/SCL
« on: January 02, 2014, 02:52:18 am »
Hi!

I have recently purchased a Iteaduino Tiny board (http://imall.iteadstudio.com/im130615003.html).

I'm trying to use the P5 as an digital output but when I connect the pin the board stops working.

Also I'm trying to use this nunchucky kit (https://www.adafruit.com/products/345).
With an Arduino Uno works instead with iteaduino tiny not work.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

gogol

Re: Iteaduino Tiny - Use of PB5 and SDA/SCL
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:24:06 am »
Why you are asking that here and not in the Iteaduino Forum?

Use an digispark and Pin5 will work!

If they clone a product and refer in their documentation
ftp://imall.iteadstudio.com/Mainboard/IM130615003_Iteaduino_Tiny/DS_IM130615003_Iteaduino_Tiny.pdf
to the digispark work, its a very parasitic behaviour!

Go and ask your questions THERE!

elovalvo

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 04:01:21 am »
Thanks for your quick and kind response....

digistump

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 12:13:31 am »
@elovalvo - gogol is right, people can't expect us to support clone devices, we just don't have the resources when people don't buy from us - especially in your case where both of your devices come form other companies and instead of creating their own software ITeadstudio is referring you to ours and their board is not properly made.

But to answer your question, as you are welcome to ask any question you want on our general arduino boards, just not our Digispark Support boards - those are for Digistump official products only -

The reason PB5 doesn't work is the itead didn't set the fuse bit on the attiny85 chip to disable the reset pin and make it an i/o pin - so instead of an i/o pin it is the reset which is why it puts the chip into resetting mode each time you connect it. Try a Digispark - they come ready to go and have a nunchuck shield as well.

Mark

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 01:28:12 am »
Well put.

I see a lot of this on another forum, and it's just downright rude IMO.
You should really be asking the supplier why he isn't providing the support ... or alternatively buy a DS.

Mark